Fisher Engineering, manufacturer of FISHER brand snow removal and ice control equipment, is pleased to introduce its pre-wet system for STEEL-CASTER™ stainless steel and POLY-CASTER™ poly hopper spreaders. The system improves material efficiency and allows operators to optimize their spreading performance.
The new pre-wet system works by pre-wetting material with a brine solution just before it hits the spinner. The advantages with this application versus a dry application is pre-wetting salt begins a chemical reaction that accelerates melting. Secondly, pre-wet granules allow for more efficient material dispersal and greater spread control when hitting the pavement.
The pre-wet system is available with 25- and 50-gallon poly tank capacities for STEEL-CASTER models and 25-gallon poly tank capacities for POLY-CASTER models. Each system is constructed with a corrosion-resistant pump housing that protects the pump, electronics and valves.
In addition, each pre-wet system integrates FLEET FLEX technology. Built to put more control at your fingertips, this universal wiring and controls system allows for quick and easy interchanges between electric hopper spreaders. And, since each control already features a pre-wet accessory button, the operator can easily choose when to apply brine while spreading. A valve in the pump housing manually sets the flow rate and additional flow control is available from inside the cab with a separate full-featured control option that includes a flow control dial and warning lights that alert the operator of a clog, or if the tanks are empty.
Unique features for the STEEL-CASTER hopper spreader:
- Available for all STEEL-CASTER spreader models
- 25 and 50 gallon poly tank capacities
- 5, 2.0 and 3.0 cubic yard models can accept up to (4) 25 gallon tanks
- 5 and 6.0 cubic yard models can accept up to (4) 50 or 25 gallon tanks
Unique features for the POLY-CASTER hopper spreader:
- Available for all POLY-CASTER models manufactured after February 2016
- With the purchase of an additional adapter kit, any POLY-CASTER model manufactured between 2009 and January 2016, can accept the pre-wet system
- 25 gallon poly tank capacities
- 5, 1.8 and 2.5 cubic yard models can accept up to (4) 25 gallon tanks
More information on the new FISHER pre-wet system is available online at www.FisherPlows.com.