STMA’s Conference Education Committee is working hard to put together another fantastic education program. The 2018 Conference will have 8 tracks focusing on the different aspects of sports field and facility management.
- The Professional Development track focuses on self-improvement and successfully managing your team of employees.
- The Agronomic track offers sessions on cultural practices for cool-season, warm-season and transition zone turfgrass managers.
- Our Renovation track features sessions on cool-season renovation practices, as well as successfully resurrecting existing athletic fields.
- Pest control provides updates on current control measures for turfgrass weeds and insects. Sessions with your specific budget in mind provides solutions to K-12 managers for addressing pest problems.
- The Synthetic track will update managers on synthetic base system guidelines, as well as address crumb rubber infill recycling procedures.
- Industry Developments provides updates to sports turf managers on what is new in the industry. New research on field performance testing and athlete to surface interactions, as well as new products and services are featured in this track.
- The Facility Management track helps you run your program more efficiently. This year features sessions on legal issues, budgets, and leasing.
- Our new educational track for 2018 is Soils. The Soils track will focus on soil science and discuss various issues including soil moisture, drainage, and soil pH modification.
The Conference Education Committee has created a program that has something for everyone. Don’t miss all that the 2018 Conference has to offer!