Join STMA Today.
The Sports Turf Managers Association (STMA) is the recognized leader in championing the sports turf industry and its professionals. STMA members combine the science of growing turf grasses and the art of maintaining fields to produce safe and aesthetically pleasing playing surfaces.The three most important reasons for you to join STMA:
1. Job security
Take advantage of STMA’s programs and services, and you proactively enhance your value to your employer.
2. Career success
The knowledge, skills and abilities you gain by accessing STMA’s education and information can help you to prepare to take that next step in your career.
3. Recognition of your professionalism
In addition to the individual recognition you receive because of your good work, STMA’s advocacy with groups such as athletic directors, parks and recreation directors, coaches, and parents enhances the image of the entire profession.
The top 3 benefits you receive as an STMA member:
• A network of peers who are willing to share their best practices.
• Opportunities for education to help you do your job better.
• Quick access to information and resources to help you save time.
Hear why your peers joined STMA!
The Benefits of Membership
With your membership, you’ll receive:
- A monthly electronic newsletter that communicates association and industry information.
- A hard copy STMA Membership Directory.
- Access to the Member’s Only section of STMA.org, which has a real-time membership directory, job openings and hundreds of educational resources.
- Access to Michigan State’s Turfgrass Information File, the green industry’s greatest resource for up-to-date technical information, a $100 value*.
- Ability to enter your field in the nationally recognized Field of the Year Awards Program.
- Opportunity to become a Certified Sports Field Manager (CSFM) to showcase your professionalism.
- Significant savings on registration to STMA’s annual and regional conferences, and discounts to other organizations’ education.
- Opportunity to participate in volunteer leadership positions.
- Opportunity to join one of STMA’s affiliated chapters for a strong local network. (Each chapter sets its own local dues.)
- SportsTurf Magazine each month, a $40 value.
- The ability to apply for scholarships (students only).
* Not available to Commercial Members. Commercial Members receive added benefits, which are listed on STMA.org.
How Do I Sign Up?
New members can either sign up online or complete the membership application and mail or fax it to STMA Headquarters with payment. We also have an application en español.
Payment Mailing Address: STMA, PO Box 414029, Kansas City, MO 64141.